The Short Version
We want Hawaii Discord to be an authentic and safe place for interaction and expression. Help us foster this community. Be welcoming, kind, respectful, thoughtful, and always follow the law. Respect everyone on Hawaii Discord, don’t spam people or post nudity.
Hawaii Discord is a reflection of our diverse community of cultures, ages, and beliefs. We’ve spent a lot of time thinking about the different points of view that create a safe and open environment for everyone.
- Share only content (photos and videos) that you’ve created or have the right to share. Remember to post authentic content, and don’t post anything you’ve copied or collected from the Internet that you don’t have the right to post..
- Post content that is appropriate for a diverse audience. We know that there are times when people might want to share things that are artistic or creative in nature, but for a variety of reasons, we don’t allow nudity on Hawaii Discord. Nudity in photos of paintings and sculptures is OK, too.
- People like to share photos or videos of their children. However, we urge you to avoid material that could be misused or abused. Even when this content is shared with good intentions, it could be used by others in unanticipated ways.
- Foster meaningful and genuine interactions. Help us stay spam-free by not promoting your business, project, or campaign (political or otherwise), posting repetitive comments or content, or repeatedly contacting people for commercial or political purposes without their consent.
- Follow the law. Hawaii Discord is not a place to support or praise terrorism, organized crime, or hate groups. Offering sexual services, buying or selling firearms and illegal or prescription drugs (even if it’s legal in your region) is also not allowed. Remember to always follow the law when offering to sell or buy other regulated goods.
- We have zero tolerance when it comes to sharing sexual content involving minors or threatening to post intimate images of others.
- Respect other members of the Hawaii Discord community. We want to foster a positive, diverse community. We remove content that contains credible threats or hate speech, content that targets private individuals to degrade or shame them, personal information meant to blackmail or harass someone, and repeated unwanted messages. We do generally allow stronger conversation around people who are featured in the news or have a large public audience due to their profession or chosen activities. It’s never OK to encourage violence or attack anyone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disabilities, or diseases.
- Serious threats of harm to public and personal safety aren’t allowed. This includes specific threats of physical harm as well as threats of theft, vandalism, and other financial harm. We carefully review reports of threats and consider many things when determining whether a threat is credible.
- Maintain our supportive environment by not glorifying self-injury. The Hawaii Discord community cares for each other, and is often a place where people facing difficult issues such as eating disorders, cutting, or other kinds of self-injury come together to create awareness or find support. Encouraging or urging people to embrace self-injury is counter to this environment of support, and we’ll remove it or disable accounts if it’s reported to us. We may also remove content identifying victims or survivors of self-injury if the content targets them for attack or humor.
- Be thoughtful when posting newsworthy events. We understand that many people use Hawaii Discord to share important and newsworthy events. Some of these issues can involve graphic images. Because so many different people and age groups use Hawaii Discord, we may remove videos of intense, graphic violence to make sure Hawaii Discord stays appropriate for everyone. We understand that people often share this kind of content to condemn, raise awareness or educate. If you do share content for these reasons, we encourage you to caption your photo with a warning about graphic violence. Sharing graphic images for sadistic pleasure or to glorify violence is never allowed.
Help us keep the community strong:
- Each of us is an important part of the Hawaii Discord community. If you see something that you think may violate our guidelines, please help us by contacting our administrators via Direct Message or email to email@example.com. We review these reports and works as quickly as possible to remove content that doesn’t meet our guidelines. When you submit the report, try to provide as much information as possible, such as links, usernames, and descriptions of the content, so we can find and review it quickly. We may remove entire posts if either the imagery or associated captions violate our guidelines.
- You may find content you don’t like, but doesn’t violate these Community Guidelines. If that happens, you can block or mute the user that posted it. Many disputes and misunderstandings can be resolved directly between members of the community. Feel free to take discussions to Direct Message and out of the public eye if it will reduce friction or conflict.
- We may work with law enforcement, including when we believe that there’s risk of physical harm or threat to public safety.
Thank you for helping us create and maintain a great community.
The Hawaii Discord Team
These Community Guidelines are based on the Instagram Community Guidelines.